mtd_cpl question

Chuck Tuffli chuck_tuffli at agilent.com
Tue May 24 16:22:35 PDT 2005

Matthew Dillon wrote:
    It's constrained to 32 bits at the moment, because all the
    interrupt handling assembly uses a bit-test-and-set (btsl)
    and bit-test-and-reset (btrl) to mess with it.
    The cpl will be going away soon anyway.  It's part of the
    whole spl system and the spl system is going away.  I'm
    working on fixing the various subsystems that depend on
    e.g. splimp(), and other places... they will all be
    replaced by critical sections and other mechanisms.
The reason I ask is that I have the bus_alloc_resource() side of MSI
(message signaled interrupts) working and wanted to connect it to the
rest of the interrupt code via bus_setup_intr(). Do you have any
short/long term recommendations? Do you want help on any of the above?

Alternatively, how badly would things break if I went around the system
and wrote the IDT entries directly assuming there would be no overlap in
the IRQ/MSI ranges?

--
Chuck Tuffli
Agilent Technologies