libc changes and freebsd-4 compatible binaries

Rahul Siddharthan rsidd at online.fr
Tue May 3 06:35:41 PDT 2005

I don't know the issues involved, but I have to say that it's
ironic if DragonFly can run Linux binaries using libraries in
/compat, but can't run FreeBSD-4 binaries the same way.

I suppose it's easier with linux because DF recognises it as
a different ABI so looks for everything in /compat/linux first.
So one can just dump locales and config files and everything
else there.

In an ideal world, all the BSDs should have been able to run
one another's binaries.

Rahul