URLs in commit messages

Sascha Wildner saw at online.de
Sat May 21 20:16:02 PDT 2005

Hi,

I'm currently hacking CVSROOT/cfg.pm to include URLs for added and
deleted files as well in our commit messages. Here's a first test:

http://yoyodyne.ath.cx/stuff/msg1.txt

I have a couple of questions/thoughts:

* Do we really want this? :) I do because it's annoying to not being
able to click on new files in order to see what's in them, but for
larger numbers of new/removed files, this would add a bit of data to the
messages.

* If you take a look at
http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/mailarchive/commits/2003-12/msg00079.html
you'll notice that the message body contains no indication that
data/main/team.cgi is located in the site/ subdirectory (as opposed to
src/). So in order to make this really work we'd have to add that
information to the messages.

* Another option would be to list added and deleted files in the
revision summary somehow (then they could be handled by the existing
code I think).

Input welcome,
Sascha
--