Another stable tag point coming up, and info on the next official release.

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Wed Mar 9 16:10:11 PST 2005

    With the number of bug fixes that have gone in recently, I am planning
    to slip the stable tag again, probably when the weekend comes around.
    People doing core kernel work that might effect a general installation
    should try not to destabilize things too much until then! (I'm mainly
    talking about my and Jeff's work here :-)).

    I was hoping to do a release in February but as people can see it is
    already March.  At the moment my only hard-and-fast rule is that we
    do a release at least a week before USENIX in April.  I am hoping to
    get the journaling code well enough along to actually be useable as a
    backup medium prior to the next release.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>