Huge changes

Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai asmodai at in-nomine.org
Fri Jun 10 01:32:29 PDT 2005

-On [20050610 09:55], Martin P. Hellwig (mhellwig at xxxxxxxxx) wrote:
>I have read some months ago that there are indeed a couple of advantages
>in gcc 3 although compile time is slower than in 2 (is binary execution
>also slower?). But what is for DragonFly the advantages of 4 over 3 or
>even 2?

The C advantage is non-existent, except for some extended warnings perhaps.
Compile and resulting sizes seem to have increased over 3.

C++ seems to be the advantage over 3, so that's more user/ports related over
kernel.

Free Tibet! http://www.savetibet.org/ | http://ashemedai.deviantart.com/
http://www.tendra.org/   | http://www.in-nomine.org/
Hear and you forget; see and you remember; do and you understand. - Confucius