PAE with dragonfly

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Wed Jun 8 10:19:51 PDT 2005

:
:Hi,
:
:I have few servers using an Intel 7501 MB 3G Xeon 6G RAM 3ware controllers.
:They always panic'ed within 10-15min with FSD 5.4 +PAE. I was thinking to
:convert to Dragonfly.  I could not find any post related to Dragonfly with
:PAE enabled (using +4G RAM). Do anyone have any experience, good or bad,
:running Dragonfly with PAE enabled?
:
:Regards
:Kachun

    We don't have any PAE code in DragonFly.  I don't currently intend
    to add it... it's a severe hack that is better solved with 64 bit
    architectures (which we also do not yet support, but that's the idea
    anyway).

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>