MAXSAVEDBLOCKS in netinet/tcp_sack.c

Hiten Pandya hmp at backplane.com
Tue Jul 5 05:45:33 PDT 2005

Matthew Dillon wrote:
    Ouch.  Dummynet is probably not the best solution.  Actually, what
    I would do is buy a cisco with a relatively recent IOS and run
    fair-queue or RED, but if that isn't in the cards then I recommend
    playing around with Packet Filter (pf).  It has a number of queueing
    solutions.  I haven't used PF much myself so I don't know if it can
    do RED, but I believe it does have a fair-queueing mechanism.

	RED is one of many queueing mechanisms supported by ALTQ.

				Hiten Pandya