DragonFly on an AMD64 machine

Glenn Johnson glennpj at charter.net
Fri Jan 21 21:49:45 PST 2005

Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai wrote:

-On [20050103 05:02], Glenn Johnson (glennpj at xxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

How can I help?  Would I install 32-bit DragonFly and then compile some
things for 64-bit and test, etc.?  The AMD64 system I have is a laptop,
which probably presents another set of challenges.  I need to keep
Windows on it so it will have to be dual boot.  I am not sure when I
will be able to set that up but I would like to help if I can.

It should be fully backwards compatible, so I wonder if it boots at all on
your system.
That's a first. :)

I finally got around to trying to boot DragonFly on the AMD64 laptop.
It did not get very far into the boot process however.  The machine
powered off while loading the kernel.  The laptop is a Compaq R3340US
and I seem  to remember someone else on the list saying that it would
not boot.  Oh well. :-(

--
Glenn Johnson