Slow first authentication

Jonathon McKitrick jcm at FreeBSD-uk.eu.org
Mon Jan 24 11:12:29 PST 2005

On Wed, Jan 19, 2005 at 09:24:39AM -0800, Matthew Dillon wrote:
:
: :On Mon, Jan 17, 2005 at 05:34:53PM +0100, Jonas Trollvik wrote:
: :: This is because of dns problems.
: :: if you cant resolve it you can always put
: :: "UseDNS no" in /etc/ssh/sshd_config
: :: which most probably will remedy the problem
: :
: :With this option, I get the prompt, but then it takes 5-7 seconds to
: :actually authenticate and give me a prompt.  So it seems the delay has
: :simply been moved to later in the process.
: :
: :Jonathon
:
:     It could just be sshd generating its internal authentication key for
:     the handshake.

Fixed!  With the change Jeff made.

Jonathon
--