installing jdk14 damages filesytem?

Glenn Johnson glennpj at charter.net
Sat Jan 1 14:06:26 PST 2005

esmith wrote:

The latest occured after a new buildworld this morning and I've
attempted this twice now in the past two days. Rebooting after
successfully installing java/jdk14 leaves the filesystem in a broken
state that fsck can't repair without manually prompting

UNKOWN FILE TYPE I=380805
CLEAR? [yn] y
UNKOWN FILE TYPE I=380806
CLEAR? [yn] y
UNKOWN FILE TYPE I=380807
CLEAR? [yn] y
etc... so many times I've simply given up and re-installed from scratch.
fsck -f -p doesn't help
No such problem here with jdk14.  I just built/installed it yesterday.
Are you getting a clean shutdown of the file system prior to the machine
rebooting?

--
Glenn Johnson