bus_dma patch for fxp

Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai asmodai at wxs.nl
Sun Jan 9 00:54:49 PST 2005

-On [20050109 01:52], Chuck Tuffli (chuck_tuffli at xxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
>FreeBSD 5.x converted the fxp (Intel Pro 100 NIC) driver to use bus_dma,
>and it turned out to be not too hard to bring it into dfly. Testing
>consisted of running buildworld over NFS. This is the first time I've
>worked on a NIC driver so I'd appreciate someone more experienced
>looking this over. Especially things like the FXP_LOCKED macro. The 5.x
>driver used this in a couple of places, but I wasn't sure it made sense
>in our environment, so I just nuked the references.

The FXP_LOCKED macro stuff is probably very specific to their mutex SMP lock
down work.  That should not be done on DFly in the same way.

OTOH, I haven't done much on the locking kernel-wise to tell you what you
must do though.  Too much userland code I am messing with.  Sorry.

Free Tibet! http://www.savetibet.org/ | http://ashemedai.deviantart.com/
http://www.tendra.org/   | http://www.in-nomine.org/
My greatest fear...  Is that all my Memories will be lost...  Like
tears, in the rain...