installing jdk14 damages filesytem?

Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai asmodai at wxs.nl
Sat Jan 8 04:21:21 PST 2005

-On [20050108 13:12], Matthew Dillon (dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
>    It took four hours to track the problem down.  The GNU make as of 3.80
>    has an undocumented option called -B which is --always-make which forces
>    all targets to be built.

Bah.  *spit*

[-B compatibility mode]
>    I've removed the option.  Of course, that might break other things, but
>    we definitely can't pass it down so if it does break other things we'll
>    have to fix them case by case.

Mmm, since it is turned on by default this shouldn't be much of a problem.
I am amazed I haven't seen much problems with Free/Net/Open in this area
though.

Nice one tracking it down.  I haven't digged into it back then but
determining it was gmake that was going into a loop.

Free Tibet! http://www.savetibet.org/ | http://ashemedai.deviantart.com/
http://www.tendra.org/   | http://www.in-nomine.org/
I can endure my own despair, but not another's Hope...