installing jdk14 damages filesytem?

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Sat Jan 8 04:03:48 PST 2005

    It took four hours to track the problem down.  The GNU make as of 3.80
    has an undocumented option called -B which is --always-make which forces
    all targets to be built.

    The BSD make's -B is a compatibility option which our bsd.port.mk was
    specifying.

    But since both make's pass their make flags via the same environment
    variable, our -B was propogating into the GNU -B.  This was causing
    the GNU configure subsystem to loop.

    I've removed the option.  Of course, that might break other things, but
    we definitely can't pass it down so if it does break other things we'll
    have to fix them case by case.