installing jdk14 damages filesytem?

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Tue Jan 4 15:02:40 PST 2005

:The latest occured after a new buildworld this morning and I've
:attempted this twice now in the past two days. Rebooting after
:successfully installing java/jdk14 leaves the filesystem in a broken
:state that fsck can't repair without manually prompting
:
:UNKOWN FILE TYPE I=380805
:CLEAR? [yn] y
:
:UNKOWN FILE TYPE I=380806
:CLEAR? [yn] y
:
:UNKOWN FILE TYPE I=380807
:CLEAR? [yn] y
:
:etc... so many times I've simply given up and re-installed from scratch.
:fsck -f -p doesn't help

    That kinda sounds like an overlapping partition or slice.  Carefully
    check your slice table with fdisk and your disklabel(s).

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>