ptmalloc2

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Thu Feb 17 13:03:06 PST 2005

:
:On Thu, Feb 17, 2005 at 03:03:35PM -0500, Pedro F. Giffuni wrote:
:> JIC you are not following freebsd-hackers, there was an interesting
:> discussion about the linux thread-aware malloc that is under a BSD
:> license. This link comes from an older thread:
:
:There are other alternatives as well, which may or may not perform
:better for different work loads. I would schedule this discussion
:after we have an interface for remapping without open file descriptor.
:
:Joerg

    One of them being our own thread-aware slab allocator.  We would have to
    cut down the slab size to make it efficient but it would be worth porting
    into userland (not difficult since I originally developed it in userland)
    just to see how well it stacks up.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>