cvs cross reference tool

George Georgalis george at galis.org
Tue Feb 15 14:54:41 PST 2005

On Tue, Feb 15, 2005 at 03:22:32PM +0100, Simon 'corecode' Schubert wrote:

>okay, thanks to devon the tool has a new look now:
><http://oly.corecode.ath.cx/~corecode/cgi-bin/crosscgi.py>
>
>people, please comment on the design and functionality!

I think it's outstanding!

Here are 3 items that would make it easer for me to use.

If the links where the cvs tags, pages would have fewer lines and
be easier to read (difficult to implement?), eg "Changeset for
FreeBSD src/sys/net/if_sl.c 1.122.2.4 by imp" instead of "changeset";
and similarly use more information for file links, eg "FreeBSD
src/sys/net/if_loop.c" vs "if_loop.c" for similar reasons.

I do prefer the "big button approach" but it seems over done and makes
it difficult to use firefox autoscroll (center-click on background after
enabling in preferences -- very handy for long pages). Now there is not
much background area.  Buttons as wide as the widest element (Especially
after filling out links), or 50% width or wider as required? This would
also make the hover color avoidable when it's not desired.

A swish-e interface, :) I wasn't able to find if_vr.c.

. ..okay a couple more comments. The repo list on every page. ...I did
find the if_vr.c when I switched to DFLY from FBSD. And, if there
was an export link to download the file in a new window (like cvsweb
'download').  I'm sure that would be handy.

In any event very cool work!

// George

--
George Georgalis, systems architect, administrator Linux BSD IXOYE
http://galis.org/george/ cell:646-331-2027 mailto:george at xxxxxxxxx