approach on getting nullfs to work again

Simon 'corecode' Schubert corecode at fs.ei.tum.de
Wed Feb 9 16:02:23 PST 2005

On Thursday, 10. February 2005 00:23, Simon 'corecode' Schubert wrote:
> yep, sure. but i got the feeling that we in fact need fake vnodes, so
> that we are able to reroute the vop calls so that we can shape up fake
> namecache entries, right?

uhm thinking of that: if we fake up vnodes, we can't attach the namecache
entries to the underlying vnode, because, well, the upper vnode needs the
namecache entry already...

while it would really be slick to do it without fake vnodes, i can't see
how it could work. and with fake vnodes we need another link for the
corresponding namecache entries.

maybe:

/* in struct namecache: */
struct namecache *nc_shadowgrp;

/* Walk the circly linked group of shadowing namecache entries */
sncp = ncp;
while ((sncp = sncp->nc_shadowgrp) != NULL && sncp != ncp)
 /* invalidate or whatever */

cheers
  simon

--