rc and smf

Chris Pressey cpressey at catseye.mine.nu
Thu Feb 24 12:43:15 PST 2005

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 03:46:40 +0800
Bill Hacker <wbh at xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Erlang is largely concept, and near-as-dammit uniquely Ericsson.

To be fair, it's a pretty nice language.  I've written a construction
cost-estimating program in it, and it's a breeze to maintain.  Very few
of the concurrency features are fully exploited by my application, of
course, but even if they were taken out completely, I would find the
remainder to be one of the most comprehensible functional languages
available.

That's not to say it doesn't have its warts, because it has plenty.

But that's neither here nor there...

-Chris