approach on getting nullfs to work again

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Wed Feb 9 21:33:54 PST 2005

:On Wed, Feb 09, 2005 at 02:38:30PM -0800, Matthew Dillon wrote:
:>     The idea being that instead of having nullfs fake-up
:>     vnodes (like it does in FreeBSD) we instead have it return the *actual*
:>     vnode and only fake-up the namecache topology.
:
:I think we still have to create "fake" vnodes because we have to catch
:and certain VOPs in the nullfs directly instead of passing them to the
:parent. One important issue is fstatfs, but the directory operations
:have similiar needs.
:
:Joerg

     Only for unionfs.  For nullfs (where no merging is taking place) I
     am pretty certain we don't have to fake file OR directory vnodes.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>