A long way to go for source cleanup

Bill Hacker wbh at conducive.org
Mon Feb 28 11:22:36 PST 2005

Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:

WARNS=6 make buildworld | grep warning | wc-l
366967
We have a lot of work to do :)

Joerg
The reduction is starting to be visible.

Dunno what the percentage of success is so far, but the old K6 I have
been using is slow enough I can already see a difference vs 'Grandad'.
Most obvious is page after page of orderly aligned text where
wall-to-wall confusion hade been the rule.

Despair not - it is worth it even if it reaches only a 50% in distraction.

IMHO, the general code review that accompanies it is even more valuable.

Bill