Severe packet loss on fxp interfaces with the new bridging code...

Simon 'corecode' Schubert corecode at fs.ei.tum.de
Fri Dec 23 09:47:28 PST 2005

On 23.12.2005, at 16:58, Chris Csanady wrote:
While tracking this down, I also discovered that one of the BPF_MTAP()
calls is misplaced.  If you tcpdump on a bridge interface, you will
miss
any traffic destined for the local machine itself.  The below diff
corrects
this, as well as acounts for packets sent out via the bridge interface.
Thanks, I committed this part.  I don't feel competent enough to
comment on the mbuf issue, I hope somebody with more net-foo will do
so.

cheers
  simon
PGP.sig