1.4 Release Schedule and plans for 1.5.

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Wed Dec 21 11:05:43 PST 2005

:>     It is highly unlikely
:>     that the build will survive an update of the installer package.
:
:It is highly unlikely that a build will be affected by an update of the
:packages at all, as long as the update was tested before and matches the
:OS version. That's why it is not useful to build them on use -- it might
:just at the moment be broken. The packages are known to have passed that
:step already.
:
:Joerg

    This is a problem.  If we have roll a release then bulids of that
    release should produce the same result.  If the packages the release
    uses are 'upgraded' then after a while the build of that release will
    almost certainly stop working simply by becoming too out of date.

    If a security update is required, we update the release branch to reflect
    the update.  Trying to make it automatic based on third party issues will
    likely result in a the build not working any more rather then being the
    brainless update that we'd like it to be.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>