1.4 Release Schedule and plans for 1.5.

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Tue Dec 20 11:25:14 PST 2005

:
:On Sat, Dec 17, 2005 at 01:42:45PM -0800, Matthew Dillon wrote:
:>
:>     * Installer issues due to the older installer that is sitting in pkgsrc.
:>       Should be minor issues, just a config file that I have to overwrite.
:
:What do you mean? pkgsrc-wip has the current BSD installer in the sense
:of HEAD sources from the bsdinstaller repository. It will be imported
:into pkgsrc after the unfreeze, e.g. Dec 27th timeframe.
:
:Joerg

    I'm not going to make a release branch dependant on pkgsrc-wip.

    It's already bad enough that we have lost the specific package
    versioning that was previously specified.  It is highly unlikely
    that the build will survive an update of the installer package.
    Generally speaking, the change was a bit premature and is a step
    backwards insofar as the release goes.  I am slogging through it,
    but I am not happy with it.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>