Overnight downtime

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Thu Dec 29 13:06:12 PST 2005

    There was a lot of lightning last night and then a small explosion
    outside that sounded like the transformer on the telephone poll.  Then
    the lights starts to flicker continuously and the UPS started clicking
    in and out and... well, I decided to shut everything down overnight :-)

    There will probably be some more downtime tonight.  I have a UPS monitor
    but I never hooked up the client/server feature that shuts down all
    related machines automatically if power isn't restored in 20 minutes.
    I am going to get that working properly tonight.

    Oh hell.  Power just failed again.  I'm gonna probably have to shut things
    down again soon :-(