netstat -m still reporting incorrect numbers

Hiten Pandya hmp at backplane.com
Wed Dec 14 08:31:03 PST 2005

Stefan Krüger wrote:

another thing is systat -ifstat, it fails with "ip_stats structure has
grown--recompile systat!"; as above, I only get this on my MP box
I don't understand why the ip_stats structure would do this, depending
on how old your binaries are.  The IP accounting counters are recorded
on each CPU and exported to userland, where they are aggregated, so
this could be the cause of your trouble, although it shouldn't happen.
Regards,

--
Hiten Pandya
hmp at dragonflybsd.org