wireless ethernet

Jon Hamilton hamilton at pobox.com
Wed Aug 31 05:05:08 PDT 2005

Sepherosa Ziehau <sepherosa at xxxxxxxxx>, said on Wed Aug 31, 2005 [11:47:27 AM]:
} On 8/31/05, Jon Hamilton <hamilton at xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
} > My base station is on channel 6.  I did try setting the channel on the card too,
} > with the same result (failed to associate; "no carrier". )
}
} Would you please set hw.wi.debug and debug.ieee80211 to 2?  This may
} help to find the problem.  Thanks.

I tried a couple of times just now; when I:

# ifconfig wi0 ssid linksys
# ifconfig wi0 up

I see no different behavior, and no debugging messages.  A few minutes later, when I

# ifconfig wi0 down

I get the following messages:

wi_newstate INIT -> INIT
ieee80211_newstate: INIT -> INIT