Fatal trap 12 on booting GERERIC kernel

Noritoshi Demizu demizu at dd.iij4u.or.jp
Thu Aug 11 01:24:04 PDT 2005

> The latest GENERIC kernel fails to boot on my machine.

When I reported this problem, I chose multi user mode in my all trys.

I just find that, if I choose single user mode, the '#' prompt of
/bin/sh is successfully displayed.  And the "pwd" command successfully
prints "/".  But when I typed "ls", the kernel paniced in generic_bzero.

I did buildworld & installworld both yesterday and today.  Yesterdays'
GENERIC kernel works fine with both yesterdays' and today's userland.
But today's GENERIC kernel does not work with yesterdays' nor today's
userland.

Regards,
Noritoshi Demizu