FreeBSD TCP/IP Cleanup and Optimizations

Simon 'corecode' Schubert corecode at fs.ei.tum.de
Mon Aug 1 09:28:24 PDT 2005

On 01.08.2005, at 17:26, Matthew Dillon wrote:
   The BGL work on the network stack is very close.  There are two
queueing mechanisms that need to be locked up (sockbufs and IPQ),
after which we will basically be able to turn off the big giant lock
in the network protocol threads.  IPQ should be straightforward.  The
sockbufs are more of an issue but it should be possible to separate
the reader and writer sides of each sockbuf to avoid contention
between userland and the protocol stack.
and we need to lock down pfil or start parallelizing them (probably
only pf, with newest version imported)

cheers
  simon
Work - Mac      +++  space for low $$$ NOW!1  +++      Campaign     \ /
PGP.sig