FreeBSD TCP/IP Cleanup and Optimizations

Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai asmodai at in-nomine.org
Mon Aug 1 00:53:37 PDT 2005

-On [20050801 09:45], Albert Miles Enabe (amenabe at xxxxxxxxx) wrote:
>May I know if these would-be optimizations will also
>find their way into the DragonFly kernel?

I think you will find Jeffrey Hsu already did a lot of cleanups, rewrites
and optimizations.

Furthermore, the optimization of FreeBSD is needed due to their way of SMP.
Our way of SMP is radically different, and dare I say easier, than theirs.

So I doubt much of that work would be ported over.  They are two radically
different beasts.

Free Tibet! http://www.savetibet.org/ | http://ashemedai.deviantart.com/
http://www.tendra.org/   | http://www.in-nomine.org/
Soul meets soul when eyes meet eyes...