ACPI cleanup

YONETANI Tomokazu qhwt+dfly at les.ath.cx
Thu Aug 4 10:09:38 PDT 2005

On Thu, Aug 04, 2005 at 04:44:24PM +0100, Hiten Pandya wrote:
> Could we please remove one of the ACPI CA's from the kernel code as it is
> rather big and I don't think one of them is used.

There are a few places still using header files from older CA tree
(the boot code and /sys/conf/Makefile.${ARCH}).  I think that's the only
reason we can't remove the older ACPI CA code (and probably we should,
to avoid potential problems in the future).
Oh, and we'd also better making the newer driver compile in the kernel so as
it can be examined in the LINT build.  To do so without flatting out the
ACPI CA tree (as in FreeBSD), .PATH's and a few variables should be moved
from /sys/dev/acpica5 into /sys/conf (kmod.mk or Makefile.${ARCH}, I think).
Does that make sense?