RELEASE subversion bumped to 1.2.5, DEVELOPMENT subversion bumped to 1.3.3

George Georgalis george at galis.org
Mon Aug 1 11:38:23 PDT 2005

On Mon, Aug 01, 2005 at 01:08:47PM -0400, George Georgalis wrote:
>On Mon, Aug 01, 2005 at 12:26:59AM -0700, Matthew Dillon wrote:
>>
>>:
>>:-On [20050801 09:00], Matthew Dillon (dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
>>:>    I'll change it a little, but I don't really want to put sub-versions
>>:>    on the HTML pages because its yet another thing that would have to be
>>:>    tracked, and I don't want bumping a subversion to become a chore.
>>:
>>:Given the changes for 1.2, it is quite worthwhile, no?  Some of these fixes
>>:are real PITAs for users.
>>:
>>:But hey, it's your baby. :P
>>:
>>:--
>>:Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven <asmodai(at)wxs.nl> / asmodai / kita no mono
>>
>>   Yah, yah, you're right.  Just another thing that's going to get out of
>>   date over time, though.  But it is important information.
>>
>>					-Matt
>
>I've been bitten looking at cvsweb DragonFly_Stable and thinking it was
>the current stable tag. Where is the best place to look for definitions
>of the tags? And will obsolete tags ever be removed from cvsweb or src?

Might I suggest, create
http://www.dragonflybsd.org/main/release.old.cgi
as an index to obsolete release pages,
http://www.dragonflybsd.org/main/release.cgi
as a symlink to the present release page,
http://www.dragonflybsd.org/main/release1_2.cgi

The idea being, people would have a single non-changing point of
reference for the newest tags, "release.cgi". Something seems inherently
wrong with requiring users to read http://dragonflybsd.org/ and follow
the current link to the present release page (which may have been
replaced like http://www.dragonflybsd.org/main/release1_0.cgi) so they
can find a current description.

// George

http://galis.org/ cell:646-331-2027 mailto:george at xxxxxxxxx