MAXSAVEDBLOCKS in netinet/tcp_sack.c

Hiten Pandya hmp at backplane.com
Fri Aug 26 05:05:10 PDT 2005

Noritoshi Demizu wrote:
To control the number of SACK blocks per connection, I'd like to add a
new sysctl variable: net.inet.tcp.sack_maxblocks_perconn.  The default
value (128) is borrowed from FreeBSD (net.inet.tcp.sack.maxholes).
Note that the number of SACK blocks and the number of SACK holes are
always the same.
I'd like to commit the patch below if no objection is raised until
August 28, 2005.
Thanks.

Regards,
Noritoshi Demizu
I don't object to this patch, however could you provide some kind of
explanation as to why this value would be increased or decreased?
Maybe we can put this information in some manual page, maybe a sack(4) ?

				Hiten Pandya
				hmp at xxxxxxxxxxxxx