DRAGONFLY 1.2 RELEASED!

Joerg Sonnenberger joerg at britannica.bec.de
Mon Apr 11 00:12:51 PDT 2005

On Sun, Apr 10, 2005 at 07:40:02AM -0700, walt wrote:
> Why not just pretend to be FreeBSD until such time as a proper ports
> system can be created and maintained for DragonFly?

Because our userland is already a mix of 4.8 (from what we started) and
6-CURRENT, that will be even more evident soon, when the libc work
is imported. We are already at a point where pretending to be FreeBSD
is not necessaryily easier than claiming to be DragonFly.

The biggest culprit for the latter are the autotools (e.g. libtool) and
there abuse.

Joerg