'distributed' vs 'clusterable'

talon at lpthe.jussieu.fr talon at lpthe.jussieu.fr
Sat Apr 9 13:33:00 PDT 2005

Matthew Dillon <dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> :
> :First, congratulations on 1.2 - I look forward to playing with it.
> :

Same for me, i have downloaded 1.2 and i have tried it on my old
Inspiron 3500 laptop, and things seem to work quite OK. In particular
ACPI works partially (*), which is nice since i have never seen ACPI
working OK with either Linux or Win98 on this laptop. I didn't
observe any boot problem, which was not the case with the first
DragonFly release. Congratulations for your nice work.

(*) a lot of ACPI stuff is displayed in an apparently correct way, for
example acpi thermal. I have been able to suspend to S1, and awake.
The pccard has been correctly detached and reattached. This doesn't work
anymore with FreeBSD-4 since around 4.6 (it worked before). However
there is one ACPI error and sound doesn't work (it works with FreeBSD-4
but is killed by suspension, here also it used to survive suspension on
older releases). Finally suspension to S3 didn't work correctly, the
machine awakened itself after a couple of seconds and hanged.

--
Michel Talon