HEADS UP! Upcoming work in HEAD and other events!

Scott Ullrich geekgod at geekgod.com
Mon Apr 25 09:12:19 PDT 2005

Matthew Dillon wrote:

     The installer project has its own mailing lists and source
     base:
	 http://www.bsdinstaller.com/

     Most of the developers (e.g. like Erik Nygaard, Chris Pressey,
     Justin Sherrill, and Scott Ullrich) are also on these lists.

     I don't know the status of pending work on the installer, but I
     don't think anyone has added an 'upgrade' option to it yet.  They
     would welcome work in that regard.
     The installer project is primarily used by the DragonFly project
     but has a goal of being ported to multiple BSDs.  They've
     integrated both DragonFly and FreeBSD.
The new version of the installer does feature a binary upgrade option.
With that said, we can always use more resources if someone is wishing
to jump in and help out.

Scott