HEADS UP! Upcoming work in HEAD and other events!

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Mon Apr 25 07:49:19 PDT 2005

:        Hey I'd love to help with the installer , I've done a
:few
:installer/provisioning/mass-deployment type of tools in a hosting
:environment , and I've made all the really good mistakes already,
:so that will save some time. I am also off from work all week,
:I'll see if I can bang out something that meets the binary upgrade specs.
:
:adrian

     The installer project has its own mailing lists and source
     base:

	 http://www.bsdinstaller.com/

     Most of the developers (e.g. like Erik Nygaard, Chris Pressey,
     Justin Sherrill, and Scott Ullrich) are also on these lists.

     I don't know the status of pending work on the installer, but I
     don't think anyone has added an 'upgrade' option to it yet.  They
     would welcome work in that regard.

     The installer project is primarily used by the DragonFly project
     but has a goal of being ported to multiple BSDs.  They've
     integrated both DragonFly and FreeBSD.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>