gcc4?

Joerg Sonnenberger joerg at britannica.bec.de
Fri Apr 22 01:40:55 PDT 2005

On Fri, Apr 22, 2005 at 09:07:48AM +0100, Filip Wuytack wrote:
> I was wondering if there are any plans to use the GCC 4 instead of
> version 3 in dfly? There seem to be quite a list of improvements and
> from following the lists, I saw you only just jumped from 2 to 3, why
> not go for version 4 directly?

(1) We have to support it first. I have more important work at hand,
the tool chain update is deferred for that reason.
(2) It needs fixes for certain parts of the tree, not everything is going
to compile with it.
(3) It needs TESTING. Things might break, things might not break. You
don't know.

Joerg