Heads up: Timer Problems

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Tue Sep 21 12:59:00 PDT 2004

:On Tue, Sep 21, 2004 at 12:32:36PM -0700, Matthew Dillon wrote:
:>     Excellent idea, Joerg.  I would be very interested in knowing whether
:>     TIMER1 is more compatible as well.   I kinda miss the speaker :-)
:
:I first intended to make it a TUNABLE, until I found that it is too
:early in the boot process and they aren't initialized yet :(
:
:Joerg

    Heh.  Just a *BIT* too early :-).  It's the timebase for the entire system.
    (TIMER0 is our fine-grained timer interrupt but TIMER1/TIMER2 is set
    to a full-count and serves as the timebase for the whole system).

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>