cvs and new distributions

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Mon Sep 20 11:48:10 PDT 2004

:> On Mon, Aug 30, 2004 at 07:26:13AM +0200, Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai wrote:
:> > -On [20040830 06:12], YONETANI Tomokazu (qhwt+dragonfly-kernel at xxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
:> > >Actually there's no simple way in CVS to add unversioned tree into
:> > >a repository other than by using `cvs import'.
:> >
:> > So the question is, are we going to use cvs import for this again?
:>
:> Why not? I don't see any problem in using `cvs import' to actually
:> import an external codes to our tree. Or did I miss an earlier discussion
:> against using `cvs import' at all?
:
:Did I receive any response to this message?

    cvs import can be used, though what will happen is that we will
    get a mess of random vendor tags and release tags.  That's why
    I prefer cvs add over cvs import.  But I don't think it's a big
    deal.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>