vinum?

Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai asmodai at wxs.nl
Wed Sep 15 00:27:21 PDT 2004

-On [20040915 07:22], Greg Lehey (grog at xxxxxxxxx) wrote:
>I was referring to FreeBSD above: there it seems that RAID should be a
>set of GEOM classes.  I don't know if RAIDframe is a better choice; if
>there's no GEOM, I see no reason not to continue to support RAID in
>Vinum.

Yes sorry, I was assuming it was obvious I would continue the reasoning
along the lines of DragonFly.  Apologies if that was not clear.

I think Matt has decreed it before that the GEOM route is a no-no.

So basically we're open for the vinum RAID route or RAIDframe, I voice my
support for whichever one is most decently designed. ;)

Free Tibet! http://www.savetibet.org/ | http://ashemedai.deviantart.com/
http://www.tendra.org/   | http://www.in-nomine.org/
When we have not what we like, we must like what we have...