default smtpd

Garance A Drosihn drosih at rpi.edu
Wed Sep 8 13:58:57 PDT 2004

At 4:09 PM -0400 9/8/04, George Georgalis wrote:
I'm not suggesting a minimal forwarder/MDA is a good solution, only
that it is the best solution. I'm really interested in what actual
problems this would cause people.
Or I could be all wrong, do most BSD admins just prefer sendmail?
I think it is too soon in the life of DragonFly to worry about
this particular debate.  IMO it makes sense to stick with sendmail
simply because that's what FreeBSD 4.x has.  If someone who is
used to FreeBSD wants to try DragonFly, it will be easier for them
if they don't have some totally foreign mail-setup to deal with.
Even if they do not like sendmail, they will be used to what steps
to take to get the mail-agent that they do like.
--
Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   gad at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Senior Systems Programmer           or  gad at xxxxxxxxxxx