modules & options

Simon 'corecode' Schubert corecode at fs.ei.tum.de
Sun Sep 5 18:25:56 PDT 2004

On 06.09.2004, at 02:42, Matthew Dillon wrote:
    Ouch.  No, that's too non-deterministic.  What we need is to check
    whether the module is being built by a kernel build (adding a make
    variable if necessary) and if so add an unconditional rule to copy
the
    opt_* file if that is the case, else just create an empty file.
yea, except for the needed source dependancy on the kernel option
header file, my version does the same (checking for kernel build is
here simply checking for file existance, though this can be advanced
somehow). I was hoping for a more terse version than the one below...

maybe i have some idea whilst sleeping

cheers
  simon
.if !target(opt_blah.h)
.if (some way of determing that we are a kernel build)
opt_blah.h: ${MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX}/opt_blah.h
	install ${.ALLSRC:M*.h} ${.TARGET}
.else

opt_blah.h:
	touch ${.TARGET}