Buildworld dying

Walter Venable weaseal at planethalflife.com
Fri Sep 24 06:15:15 PDT 2004

Matthew Dillon wrote:

:Ok, my most recent cvsup is from 9/22 about 9PM.  I have still not got a
:successful buildworld; here are the last few lines of my buildworld this
:time:
:
:cc -O -pipe -march=pentium -DLIBC_RCS -DSYSLIBC_RCS
:-I/usr/src/lib/libc/include -D__DBINTERFACE_PRIVATE -DINET6
:-DPOSIX_MISTAKE -I/usr/src/lib/libc/../libc/locale -DBROKEN_DES -DYP  -c
:/usr/src/lib/libc/../libc/gmon/gmon.c -o gmon.o
:cc -O -pipe -march=pentium -DLIBC_RCS -DSYSLIBC_RCS
:-I/usr/src/lib/libc/include -D__DBINTERFACE_PRIVATE -DINET6
:-DPOSIX_MISTAKE -I/usr/src/lib/libc/../libc/locale -DBROKEN_DES -DYP  -c
:/usr/src/lib/libc/../libc/gmon/mcount.c -o mcount.o
:cc -O -pipe -march=pentium -DLIBC_RCS -DSYSLIBC_RCS
:-I/usr/src/lib/libc/include -D__DBINTERFACE_PRIVATE -DINET6
:-DPOSIX_MISTAKE -I/usr/src/lib/libc/../libc/locale -DBROKEN_DES -DYP  -c
:/usr/src/lib/libc/../libc/locale/ansi.c -o ansi.o
:*** Error code 1
:
:Stop in /usr/src/lib/libc.
:*** Error code 1

    The error still isn't listed.  If you are redirecting the output to
    a file you aren't redirecting stderr.  If you aren't redirecting
    the output then the error must be occuring before that point in
    the output.  Also, always cut-and-paste output directly, do not
    reformat it.
    I suggest building the world like this:

	cd /usr/src
	make buildworld >& /tmp/bw.out
    Note that '>&' to redirect stdout and stderr (that is if you are
    using csh).  If you are using sh then:
	cd /usr/src
	make buildworld > /tmp/bw.out 2>&1
    Then put the file up where we can get it via ftp or http and post
    the URL.  Do not post the output directly since it will be a large
    file.
Okay, here we go:

http://userpages.umbc.edu/~venable1/bw.out

Let me know if this still points towards a hardware problem.

That's a buildworld based on sources from about 12AM on the 24th of
September.

-Walter Venable