cvs and new distributions

Simon 'corecode' Schubert corecode at fs.ei.tum.de
Mon Sep 20 06:17:25 PDT 2004

On 20.09.2004, at 14:09, David Rhodus wrote:
Actually there's no simple way in CVS to add unversioned tree into
a repository other than by using `cvs import'.
So the question is, are we going to use cvs import for this again?
Why not? I don't see any problem in using `cvs import' to actually
import an external codes to our tree. Or did I miss an earlier
discussion
against using `cvs import' at all?
Did I receive any response to this message?
There is really no compelling reason to use one over the other(import,
add).
well, import adds directories and files in one go; add needs all
directories as explicit arguments

cheers
  simon
--