donations and customs

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Tue Sep 14 10:21:05 PDT 2004

    I've gone through a couple of these and the key is to write the correct
    thing on the customs declaration and also include a form letter in the
    package itself saying the same thing.

    On the customs declaration, make it clear that it's used equipment,
    a gift to an individual and not a company, and also write down our
    main site, www.dragonflybsd.org (something the customs inspectors can
    type into a browser to get a feel for what the machine is going to be
    used for).

    For the declared value I would not specify a value greater then USD$50.

    --

    In fact, we should probably drop a few 'open source' keywords onto our
    main page and in the title.  e.g. 'DragonFly - Open Source Project',