vinum?

Greg 'groggy' Lehey grog at lemis.com
Mon Sep 13 17:27:43 PDT 2004

On Monday, 13 September 2004 at 17:24:07 +0200, Simon 'corecode' Schubert wrote:
>>> I don't really care about software RAID. More about volume management.
>>> Also I heard RF is evil. What about EVMS? I know it's linux but maybe
>>> that can be fixed or at least used for ideas.
>> Why ? Are there things you find lacking in vinum right now ?
>
> Apart from maintainership and fool-proof setup, nothing until now.

Well, those are things people can work on.  Since Dragonfly hasn't
changed the structure, the old version of Vinum should work fine.  I'm
prepared to help there, but I don't have the time for a full
maintainership.

As regards fool-proof setup, the setup was a "throwaway"
implementation which was unfortunately a little too good, so the
pressure to replace it was insufficient.  It's relatively trivial to
do it right, but that would really require a rewrite of vinumconfig.c.

Greg
--
Finger grog at xxxxxxxxx for PGP public key.
pgp00018.pgp