Heads Up: CAM ABI changes

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Sat Sep 18 13:31:23 PDT 2004

:-On [20040918 16:42], Joerg Sonnenberger (joerg at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
:>because of the recent changes to the callout interface, the size of
:>struct ccb changed. This mean you have to do a full buildworld and
:>most likely recompile any ports which directly uses cam or libcam.
:
:Should we need an official policy with regard to ABI changes?  I mean, we
:need some placeholder for our new packages/ports system anyway to denote
:which version/point in time changed what.
:
:--
:Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven <asmodai(at)wxs.nl> / asmodai / kita no mono

    Sure.  The official policy is to fix all the stupid kernel userland
    interfaces that depend on in-kernel structures :-)

    That is, we need a generalized big-ticket solution and shouldn't worry
    about non-core ABI breakages a this stage.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>