Suggested reading for learning C?

Simon 'corecode' Schubert corecode at fs.ei.tum.de
Fri Sep 10 22:53:55 PDT 2004

On 11.09.2004, at 03:49, Joshua Coombs wrote:
So, I'm starting to actually put some code out instead of just
waiting for someone to impliment my ideas.  Problem is I'm modifying
what to me is pretty high level C while only just able to read it
let alone know what I'm actually doing.  Does anyone have a
suggestion or three for reading material to help get myself up to
speed?
(For refrence, I'm working on a base proof of concept build of my
routing engine proposal from awhile back.  Hopefully by the time I
get it working fully DF will be ready to impliment it.)
nice! I already thought that we lost you on the way... :)
wouldn't be easier to implement a prototype/proof of concept in a
higher level language?

anyways, the book "the c programming language" by kernighan and ritchie
and the stuff by stevens (advanced programming in the UNIX environment)
are good to start with, i think

cheers, happy hacking
  simon
--