Suggestion - when bugs posted in bugs@ are resolved, post a followup/reply to bugs@

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Tue Sep 7 12:53:30 PDT 2004

    From browsing via NNTP I have noticed that the bugs@ list can be very
    informative, and even more so when a bug originally posted on bugs@
    has been fixed and the committer has replied to the thread saying so.
    It makes it very easy to browse the archive to see what may or may not
    have been addressed.

    So I would like to request that whenever a committer fixes a bug that
    was originally posted to or discussed on the bugs@ list, that the
    committer post a reply to that thread on bugs@ indicating that a fix has
    been committed!

    Yah yah, I know we have bugzilla.. but regardless of whatever bug
    tracking system we use I also believe that it is important to also have
    a more inviting and less formal mechanism available to users and
    developers for bugs (this after I have had several bad experiences
    over the years attempting to report bugs to other projects and having
    to spend long periods of time satisfying obtuse project requirements for
    reporting bugs and wondering whether they even want people to report
    bugs).