OLDCARD users

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Tue Oct 26 12:59:10 PDT 2004

:How do you want to conditionalize it? It isn't included in GENERIC
:by default, only in LINT. I want to update our cardbus code and merge
:the FreeBSD changes in, but this is more work with OLDCARD in place.
:
:Joerg

    How about this.  Now that we have a new DragonFly_Stable tag I think you
    can rip the oldcard drivers out from HEAD.

    BUT, before you do so I would like you to commit something that I can slip
    the DragonFly_Stable tag over to that simply disables the drivers,
    causing them to error out if someone tries to compile them without
    specifying a hack option to reenable them.  I'm talking about a simple
    option (e.g. HACK_OLDCARD) coupled with some strategic
    #if !defined(...) #error sequences in the oldcard drivers.  That's it.

    Do that and make sure it works *before* you rip out the drivers
    from HEAD, then let me slip the tag and you can then rip it all out
    of HEAD.

    That way we can find out who is actually still trying to use the drivers
    and get them squared away rather then just rip the drivers out and make
    them S.O.L.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>